Saturday, January 29, 2011

Socks for me






I was going to post this last year, and took all the photo's then. So, I would like to present to you socks all made by my friend Carol (no blog).

Carol buys the fleece and spins and dyes (might be the other way around) the wool herself - I am so jealous. So with the exception of the top socks these are all knitted from wool that Carol has produced. For the top ones Carol used bought wool, and even knitted a little bag for them. I love them all. They have all been Christmas presents and this last Christmas Carol gave me wool so I can knit my own. :)

I have to confess that the purple ones somehow made their way into the washing machine over the Christmas period and have been felted :``( I'm so sorry Carol, but I'm going to turn them into a flower brooch at some point as I can't throw them away can I? At least I got the photo before that happened.

4 comments:

Kathy A. said...

Love those socks. Great colors.

Christine said...

What fabulous socks!

Lisa said...

Wow, what gorgeous socks, they are fab colours and look so warm and cozy! Lucky lady to have a friend to make these for you.

Chris said...

I love all those socks what a lovely friend Carol is..as a sockaholic I am so jealous!
Chris x
DO pop along to my blog www.alwayssmiling24.blogspot.com
for my givaway!