Thursday, January 27, 2011

My finishing service! (Edited)


The title of this blog post makes me laugh - and I hope a few of you out there are laughing at it too. If only............................

I have an awful lot of 'making up/finishing into something' to do, I think I've seen it called FUFO (finishing up finished objects), but please tell me if I'm wrong or you know of another name for it. There'll be more on this subject in a future blog post!

Anyway, these two finishes were made up by me, but they are not mine, and I did not stitch them. They were both stitched by Irene (stand up and take a bow Irene, if you're reading this). Irene goes to my stitching club, and these are a couple of the things she stitched last year, and I offered to finish them up for her. I finished them up before Christmas, but I haven't yet seen Irene to give her them. And these two pieces will be going on my 2010 finishes list.

For everyone who loves the envelope design, it appeared in a set of 6 designs by Debra Page, in issue 158 of The World of Cross Stitching. I have trawled my magazines and found it, think I will have to stitch it now, and some of the others in the set, although I only have 5 patterns as I was given the magazine and some patterns have been cut out. Available as a back issue here, or Ebay.

9 comments:

Jeanne said...

Those are both adorable - nice finishing! I'm sure your friend is thrilled. I've never seen that ornament that looks like a postcard - way cute! Do you or your friend know the pattern and designer by chance?

Carolyn said...

They are both great finishes! I especially love the postcard finish. I've never seen that pattern or finish before. Great job! :)

Christine said...

Great finishing!
I echo what Jeanne said, I'd love to know where to find that postcard design

Julie said...

Great stitching Irene, i do love the Christmas envelope, i haven't seen that design before.

Super finishing Chris, Irene will be thrilled with what you did to her work

Barb said...

Info needed for me too please Chris ,love the little mailart one.

Siobhán said...

Both are great finishes! Congrats!

Sally said...

They are both lovely Chris.

Meari said...

Beautiful! I love the postcard, too.

Thanks for the bday wishes :)

Andrea said...

Both are great finishes. Love the postcard design too, it's a bit different.