Thursday, January 20, 2011

The 2011 year long SAL


Another SAL with Sally!

The last two years we have done Shepherds Bush needlerolls, well I should say Sally has done a lot of it on her own, I am way behind, but one day, hopefully I'll catch up. So what is it this year I hear you ask? Well, we are doing more Shepherds Bush, this times its the ornaments from the JCS Christmas ornament mags. We've started with 2010, and are going to work our way back in years, stitching one a month.

I've already finished this months, so I've kept up so far. LOL

Absolutely loved this one and couldn't put it down, I can't wait for the 1st of Feb now to start on the next - or can I wait that long.

I've stitched it on 29 count raw linen, and used two strands, the pattern called for one, but I like the look on mine, and I have used DMC. I won't be adding the charm.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

How adorable...and don't worry, you'll get caught up!

Happy Stitchin'
Terri

Christine said...

Great finish, I love those Shepherds Bush ornies

Katrina said...

Pretty ornament!!!!

Brigitte said...

What a great idea to stitch the SB ornaments. Must be a lot of fun.

Barb said...

OOhhh Sheepies in blue Chris! it is lovely ,good luck with the year ahead ornies.

Sally said...

I am already behind as I only just started mine last Sunday! Yours looks lovely. I really like this one. I never read the instructions so didn;t know it should have been stitched with one strand! Oh well! I must get the next mag out and have a look.

Hazel said...

Although I do like the delicate look of 1 strand I sometimes think the colours disappear so I think you have done the right thing and it's gorgeous. x

Danielle said...

Ah, i love Shepherd's Bush! This ornament looks great. I wouldn't use the charm either. I don't care for them.

Lisa said...

Love your ornie finish, SAL'ing with Sally is great fun isn't it.