Sunday, May 31, 2009
I started this the other week, then it was put aside, and I couldn't pick it up again as I couldn't find the thread I had used. The colours were chosen by DD as she thought it should be 'funky'. 15 different Blackwork squares, they each measure one inch.
Last weekend was Bank Holiday weekend, and I searched my stash and found the thread, and sat in the garden and finished it. Guess what - I forgot to leave a border around each square, it would have looked so much better with space between the squares - but I didn't think of that until I came to join them up - a bit fiddly with small squares, and it looks a bit busy - but I was determined to make it up having stitched them. I might make this again - remembering to leave a bigger space when stitching. LOL And it will be in a different colourway.
Saturday, May 30, 2009
Monday, May 04, 2009
And another new start, I have finished some stitching, but will only share once it's made up. This knitting is a bag kit I got a couple of Christmases ago, and I made a start on it last night. It's a lot bigger than I thought, and I don't think I'll be using it outside, but I'm sure I can find a project or two to keep in it.