Monday, January 17, 2011

A birthday gift


Jenny Bean's Pin Tuffet
by Shakespeare's Peddler
40 ct hand dyed (by me)
with DMC threads


Finished as a tin topper
I lined the inside of the tin


I used ribbon, velvet ribbon and black felt
to cover the tin sides and bottom

It was Sally's birthday back in December, I had it in my head it was 14th, but I was wrong, I think it was 12th. Anyway, I didn't want to be late so I took a gamble with what I was going to stitch, and I started in October (I think or was it September), and finished in November I think, and then come December - I can't find what I had stitched - so Sally had to wait, and this is what she ended up with. I wonder if she's found a use for it? I love this design so will be stitching it again for me, I just need to dye some more linen.

I will had a birthday gift as a finish in my 2010 finishes as I will hopefully find it again, and be able to use it this year!

12 comments:

Lisa said...

What a beautiful finish Chris, I bet Sally loves it!

Danielle said...

Great finish! I love the black velvet.

Lesleyanne said...

A gorgeous gift for Sally.

Anonymous said...

That's a lovely gift. I'm sure Sally will love it.

Tatkis said...

Such a lovely pin box! Great gift for your friend!

Best wishes,
Tatyana

Sally said...

I absolutely love my Jenny Bean tin Chris. Thank you so much again.I still haven't eaten all my chocs yet but I will most definitely be putting it to good use once I have :)

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous gift, I'm sure Sally was thrilled with it and has put it to good use

barbara said...

What a GREAT gift. Love your finishing!!

Christine said...

Great finish Chris

Barb said...

Oh Chris I do like that, what a super gift for Sally.

Julie said...

Nice gift for Sally, and lovely ornies in the post below

jane said...

Lovely gift Chris, I'm sure Sally loves it.