Thursday, August 30, 2007

Mini band sampler


No update pic today, I just didn't stitch at all yesterday. I spent way too much time browsing on Ebay, and for someone on the stash wagon that was not a good idea. Guess what? I fell off. And well and truly fell off. Sorry, to those I was on it with. It's just I was really, really fed up. I got some charts, but they're all smallish, and some fabric.
Anyway, this small sampler I stitched recently, I think it was last month, and today I finally made a tassel and attached it to a hanger. The design is by Liberty Street Designs, and I found this small cut of fabric band amongst my stash, which matched perfectly. However, when I'd finished it I realised I'd stitched on the wrong side of the band. With all those eyelets, and beads on it, I thought best not to frog it. I'm still happy with it, at least it will be unique. The hanger I bought for another bellpull I finished earlier this year, but when it arrived it just looked far too small, but seemed perfect for this.
And to Anonymous - thanks for leaving a message on my blog, and asking me to contact you, unfortunately as you're anonymous I can't do it, I have no idea who you are, and don't think I belong MSCSG, but would love to know why my blog was on there.

13 comments:

Julie said...

very pretty, i like this one

Anonymous said...

Hope the stash cheered you up!
Your beel pull is lovely congrats :)

Marie said...

Your band sampler is beautiful (even if it is stitched on the wrong side)...I just love small!
I am sorry to hear that you fell off the Stash Wagon~have not heard that term before but I love it!

Mindi said...

Gorgeous bell pull, I'd never know you stitched on the wrong side of the banding if you hadn't said anything.

BeckySC said...

Oh, it's just gorgeous :) !! WOW!!

Lennu said...

It's a beautiful sampler, congratulations!

Sally said...

That is gorgeous Chris! I love it. Can I buy the chart off you come December please?

I know how fed-up you were so I can't say I blame you for falling off the wagon. I was very close last week. I think we can be proud of ourselves for getting this far:) {{{{hugs}}}}

nela said...

felicidades esta muy lindo

Anonymous said...

Your bell pull is very beautiful, I love the colours. Enjoy your new stash. We have to indulge in new stash once in a while. :-)

Hazel said...

Very pretty. xx

Susimac said...

Thats really lovely Chris.

JariJari said...

Very pretty band sampler and I love it!

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.