Monday, September 03, 2007

What's the Buzz exchange



Here's some pictures of the wonderful exchange I received from Marie in the SBEBB 'What's the Buzz' exchange. The design had to include a Bee. This design is The Beehive by First Love Designs. Marie made this wonderful Floss Caddy, which is made up beautifully, if you look carefully, you can see how she embroidered along the top edge of the inside pocket with the sewing machine. Marie obviously has a wonderful sewing machine. Marie also included some wonderful gifts. I received a chart/charm - Beehive Welcome, some fabric the same as she used for finishing, hand painted Bee buttons, two skeins of WDW, a spool of ribbon, a tube of Honees (sweets), and The Vermont Beekeepers Cookbook, which has some wonderful recipes in it for everything including Honey Hand Cream, which I can't wait to try. Thank you Marie.

For those of you who are awaiting a further update pic on you know who, I apologise, I have not been stitching, although did put 6 stitches in her last night, but didn't think that warranted an update pic, but please keep watching, there'll be more soon.

12 comments:

Mindi said...

Gorgeous exchange, the stitchers book looks wonderful. Honey Hand Cream sounds very intersting and nice for the hands, let us know how it turns out, and if its edible!

BeckySC said...

OOOH, aren't you so lucky??? I just adore this exchange! Marie does exceptional work :) Enjoy!!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous exchange from Marie. Lots of goodies there :o)

Anonymous said...

WOW that is lovely :) Lucky girl!

Hugs
Dawn

Iris said...

you got a very beautiful present !!!

Karoline said...

What a lovely exchange, congratulations

Julie said...

stunning, such a lovely exch

Stephanie said...

What a gorgeous exchange, I definitely covet one of these floss holders - I may try one myself, but I doubt it will come close to Marie's work - it's exquisite! Enjoy!

Sally said...

Fantastic exchange Chris. Marie's stitching is lovely.

Marie said...

Glad that you like the exchange. I enjoyed stitching it for you. Yes, I love my machine~I have a Bernina QE153. Along with cross stitch I am an avid quilter!

Janice said...

Wonderful exchange! It all looks great!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow that's beautiful!