Sunday, April 13, 2008

Simple Harvest


I finished Simple Harvest by Blackbird Designs, and I am in love with this fabric, although I have no idea what it is, as it was not labeled. I bought it in a bag with others from a Sew It All at a Harrogate show, a couple of years ago. The thread I use is called 'Come floss with me' Dragon Floss. I just have to decide how to finish it now.
Today is JN day, so hope to stitch on Barnabee later today. My stitching plans for the week will be a needleroll for the monthly finishing blog, and to make up my Spring House and Garden exchange, which is stitched the other week. I have just joined another couple of exchanges, and already know exactly what I'm doing for one of them, so hope to pull fabric and threads for that, it should be a quick stitch. I hope to update the side bar of my blog soon, and maybe even get back in to updating webshots, and maybe it's time for a change on the blog look, I think I've seen enough pink, and that clock has to go.
Wishing you all a nice weekend.

13 comments:

Karoline said...

Congratulations Chris, Simple Harvest is lovely

staci said...

Very pretty finish, congrats.

Stitchingranny said...

Thats really pretty Chris. Well done.

Hazel said...

This is lovely and the colour looks great on that fabric. x

Julie said...

Pretty stitching, nice colour thread

I daren't change my blog, i would loose the lot!

Sounds like you're going to be busy with all the exchanges

Sally said...

Lovely finish Chris. I searched high and low for this chart on the Net before I realised it was in the book! Lol!

Nicola said...

Lovely finish Chris.

Michelle said...

Chris, the Queen of the Needle piece I'm working on was a shop exclusive for Silver Needle - it's a stitcher's wallet and a companion to her later released Queen of the Needle sampler. Mine came as a kit with the gingham fabric (it's Graziano linen), but I'm sure the Silver Needle could hook you up with some. Let me know if you need further info!

mainely stitching said...

WOW, that looks great! :D

Dani - tkdchick said...

Congratulations on your finish, that floss and fabric combo is spectacular!

Karan said...

Gorgeous colours Chris - looking forward to seeing how you finish it. :0)

Michelle said...

Beautiful finish! I can't wait to see what you change with your blog. Isn't it fun to change it up when you get tired of it?!

Anonymous said...

hi Chris, love the simple harvest, great choice of thread colour. Do you mind me asking if this design in one of the blackbird books?