Thursday, September 03, 2009

By the Sea exchange



My partner in the HOE By the Sea exchange was Faye, and here is the pinkeep I made her. As soon as this exchange was announced I knew what I wanted to stitch, so I waited impatiently for my partner's details to see if this design would be OK to make for them. And thankfully Faye liked it. I stitched it on some fabric by Polstitches, which came from a grab bag.

The design is taken from Sirens by the Sea sampler by Just Nan. I shall look forward to stitching the whole thing for myself. I still need to photograph the exchange I received from Erin, and wait while you see it, it's beautiful. I just need to clear some memory in my camera so that I can get a pic for you.

22 comments:

Needlearts Kelly said...

Wow! That is beautiful. You did a fantastic job. The little fish beads are perfect. I can't wait to see the whole sampler when you stitch it.

BeckySC said...

Chris, you did an amazing job on this exchange! Congratulations!!

Katrina said...

I just love this exchange, there's something about it that is so appealing. You did a great job!

Julie said...

oooooo i do like that, but then again JN is one of my favourties LOL

Anonymous said...

Lovely, Lovely pinkeep and great exchange goodies too :)

Snip said...

This is truly lovely and sweet. What an inspired choice! Just delightful!

Faye said...

Again, I love this exchange you sent to me! It is all beautiful!!
Faye

Hazel said...

What a perfect job. It's gorgeous. x

Elisa said...

Very pretty...love the little buttons :)

Ranae said...

Wowza! What a wonderful finish that is. Faye sure is a lucky lady.

Karoline said...

The pinkeep is gorgeous, congratulations

Veronica said...

Whoa! That is one stunning needlebook! JN designs are just beautiful, aren't they?

Christine said...

That is stunning!

Siobhán said...

Wow! What a gorgeous exchange! You did a fabulous job.

Maren S said...

How beautiful! What a truly amazing job you've done here!

Colette said...

I absolutely love it Chris, well done on a beautiful finish
Colly

Nicola said...

Gorgeous exchange Chris!

Karan said...

Gorgeous exchange pieces sent & received - especially love the mermaids piece. Lovely gift for your friend too. :0)

Maddy*Moo said...

Hi Chris! I have finally got around to doing the draw for my blogoversary and you are the winner! CONGRATULATIONS! Please email me your address and I will get your prize shipped out asap!

Stitchingranny said...

Beautiful and I am sure the recipient must have been thrilled.

Denise said...

What lovely colors - amazing!
I miss you on your blog - I hope all is well. Hurry back!

Patricia Lessell said...

Exquisite just exquisite and I'm sure you love it to pieces.
Love
Patti xxx