Sunday, May 31, 2009
15 sided biscornu
I started this the other week, then it was put aside, and I couldn't pick it up again as I couldn't find the thread I had used. The colours were chosen by DD as she thought it should be 'funky'. 15 different Blackwork squares, they each measure one inch.
Last weekend was Bank Holiday weekend, and I searched my stash and found the thread, and sat in the garden and finished it. Guess what - I forgot to leave a border around each square, it would have looked so much better with space between the squares - but I didn't think of that until I came to join them up - a bit fiddly with small squares, and it looks a bit busy - but I was determined to make it up having stitched them. I might make this again - remembering to leave a bigger space when stitching. LOL And it will be in a different colourway.