Tuesday, January 08, 2013

The December SAL

Gingerbread Cottage
by Country Cottage Needleworks
stitched on 28ct Vintage Beige Cashel linen

Each December Sally and I do a SAL, and this year we chose Gingerbread Cottage, now I had not stitched for a while and trying to get back in to stitching and not let Sally down I concentrated on trying to get it finished and actually managed to finish it before Christmas.  Sally stitches on lots of things in her rotation but take a look at her blog - she is stitching up a storm.

As I have not been blogging for an age, here is a picture of  our December 2011 SAL, which I did not finish until January or February.  Now I did decide on a finish for this one but it has not happened yet, but did finally get some supplies for the finishing last month.

Snow Man
by Tralala
stitched on 28ct Raw linen

I just love this snow man, and have great plans for the finishing.

I now have both of these patterns for sale, just leave me a comment.

Sally and I have already decided on the 2013 December SAL - I can't wait for that one.

I have already finished 3 things this year - which is a bit of a shock, so will try and keep blogging and updating you on my progress.  Once again thank you everyone for visiting, and I am grateful to everyone who takes the time to leave me a comment.  I hope to add you all to my sidebar - when I've worked out how to change the layout of my blog.  I have already chosen a new template, and I followed the instructions but it didn't work, but I will keep trying as and when I have time.

11 comments:

Nicola said...

Lovely to see you blogging again Chris. Love your finishes.

Lesleyanne said...

Two gorgeous finishes Chris. Good luck with changing your layout.

Julie said...

Two super finishes

Nicola said...

I would like to change my template but struggle with blogger at times.

Your stitching looks so good.

Christine said...

Both finishes are gorgeous

Chris said...

Wonderful finishes! I love the snowman.

Sharon said...

Both are beautiful!

Kathy A. said...

What a handsome snowman. Look forward to your finish.

Tatkis said...

Such a sweet cottage! And I love the snowman, he is so cute!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Sally said...

It's good to see you blogging again Chris. Your Gingerbread Cottage looks gorgeous. I got the trees done this week.

Still love the snowman. I can't face putting him away!

Andrea said...

Great finishes, love the snowman.