Sunday, December 12, 2010

My first Christmas decoration


A gift from Sally

I received this wonderful ornament from Sally. Sally and I do an ornament swap each Christmas, and knowing how Sally likes Robins, I nearly stitched her this one - but I didn't!. Thank You Sally, I love it.



Intertwined Mittens

My daughter wanted mittens. The brief was mittens that were chunky, and with twisty bits on the front. I found this pattern on Ravelry, and set about knitting them. They were quick to knit, but I would change them slightly if I were to knit them again. I would move the thumbs around a bit. When you wear them the pattern is not all at the front because of where the thumb is. You might be seeing another pair of these soon, if I get some more wool. These were just knitted in some wool I already had from a sock kit, and they are 75% wool, so hand wash only. I just hope she likes them. I will be giving them to her today, when I go and collect her from University, she has now finished for Christmas and is coming home. I am not looking forward to the washing!



Poinsettia House

I am loving this one, but sadly I have now run out of the thread used to stitch the house, although there are only some leaves to still stitch with it. So if you're planning to stitch this one, please note that you will need 2 skeins of Clay Pot, if you stitch on 28ct.

13 comments:

Lisa said...

What a lovely ornie you received from Sally, I'm partial to robins too lol.
Those mittens are gorgeous, I so wish I could knit but I just can't get my head around it.
PH is looking gorgeous, but sorry you've run out of your thread, I havea skein here if you'd like me to send it to you. If you do just let me know and I can put it in the post to you tomorrow so you can carry on asap.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great Robin, I love these birds. Your Poinsetta House looks fab x

Cristina said...

I love robins too and the mittens look great. Sadly I don'thave the thread

Barb said...

The decoration is just so lovely Chris, Sally really does some lovely stitching.
The design is just so nice too may have to ask who the designer is.
Mittens look snuggly ,shame about the thumb.Look forward to seeing what you do with the next pair.
Oh doesnt it make you want to spit when that happens regarding thread.
Hope you manage to get some to be on target for your finish.
Meanwhile if I do not get chance A happy Christmas to you and yours.

jane said...

Lovely stitching on Poinsettia House, shame about running out of thread, isn't it frustrating when that happens.
Love the mittens, I seem to have been doing a lot of knitting this year and cable is definitely in!!

Lesleyanne said...

Love your progress on Ponsietta House. A gorgeous ornament received from Sally. I hope I've got two skeins lol.

Daffycat said...

That is the sweetest Robin ornament! What a nice exchange to receive!

Brigitte said...

I love the ornament you received from Sally.

Kathy A. said...

That is one gorgeous Christmas ornament. Beautifully finishedb.
Nice progress on Pointsetta House. How frustrating to run out of a thread right near the end.

Christine said...

That is a lovely ornament from Sally.
Great mittens, and your Poinsettia House is looking fab

Claire said...

The ornament looks great as do the mittens.

Sally said...

So glad you love the ornament Chris. I really enjoyed stitching it for you.

Love the mittens. I bet Jenni will love them.

PH is looking gorgeous. I would offer to send you some of my Clay Pot but not sure how much I need! Lol!

Julie said...

Gorgeous mittens, they look so warm and toasty.

Super ornament from Sally

Poinsetta House looks great