Sunday, November 08, 2009

Cake anyone?

I've just realised that I never shared this pincushion with you. My dd was inspired by the pincushions I'd found on the Internet, and kept sharing with her. So this is what she made me, my own little cake, complete with a cherry on the top.

Yesterday, we had a great day at the show, but I only came home with a small bag of purchases - I did really well! The traveling there was not as bad as anticipated, so we got there in good time, just a little bit of slow moving traffic, mostly due to roadworks. We normally stop at a service station where they have a watch stand, with all watches for £5, and I usually buy a fashion watch, however we stopped at a different service station - so saved £5 - more to spend there. LOL. On the way home we made great progress - thankfully - as I was not well, and was in bed within 5 minutes of stepping in the door. I'm still ropey today, so taking things easy, and hence I'm here blogging AND dh hasn't got his trip out.

11 comments:

Claire said...

Your pin cushion is great,well done to your dd.

Irene said...

Cute cupcake !

Julie said...

Great cupcake, well done DD

Hope you are feeling brighter tomorrow

Patricia Lessell said...

Ahh Chris I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. But I have to tell you I LOVE that cake pincushion. And so glad you had a nice day yesterday.
Love
Patti xxx

Clare-Aimetu said...

oh yummy - good enough to eat :)

Christine said...

Great cupcake pincushion, don't forget and take a bite out of it!

Ginnie said...

Great pin cushion, and great idea!

Karan said...

Sorry you're not feeling well - hope you feel much better soon. Glad it didn't stop you from making it to the show.
Great pincushion! :0)

Maddy*Moo said...

That pincushion looks just scrummy! I think I may have to go ahead and make one too lol

Jeanne said...

Oh how cute - I have a weakness for pincushions and there are so many cute felt ones on Etsy - too much tempation! But, you can never have too many pincushions in my opinion LOL. Nothing like something cute & crafty to cheer you up when you're not feeling well. Take care!

Sally said...

your cupcake pincushion is lovely Chris. Your DD did a fantastic job:)