Friday, December 29, 2006

A new finish

I had to stitch on Christmas Day, so at tea-time decided on this design by Patricia Ann, as it was handy. I bought this as a kit on Ebay last month, a bit of a bargain at £1.04 plus £2 p/p. I have a few Patricia Ann charts which I have bought new, but I'd not seen this one before. The colours are lovely. I love the Kreinik braid too, it's the same one I used in True Friends by Just Nan earlier this year. The full picture is a bit blurred, but I need good light.

Monday, December 25, 2006



Tuesday, December 19, 2006


I received this chart in the Chatelaine Advent Calender, it was for Day 10, and I just couldn't wait to get started, so here it is. I stitched it in the recommended DMC's, but I used a Madeira metallic for the Silver, and boy does it shine. I also used some glass beads which I bought at the NEC last month, I just couldn't resist them they are really shiney too, but it doesn't show on the photo. I finished it last night. I can already see it in different colour combinations.

Hope you like.

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Another ornament

I really enjoyed stitching this. It's on it's way to my friend, so here's hoping she likes it. I don't think my friend reads my blog, so hopefully she won't see it before it arrives.

Friday, December 15, 2006

Christmas ornaments

This is the ornament I stitched for Jayne in the Stitch and Stash finished christmas ornament exchange. It's from JCS Ornament issue, I can't remember the year, I'll have to look it up. I was really pleased with how it turned out, and would love to do one for myself.

And this is the one I received from Claire in the stitch and stash exchange. This design is a Lizzie Kate freebie. I've not found out from Claire yet what threads she used.

Thursday, December 14, 2006

It will soon be Christmas

Image hosted by
by xstitcherxx

I've not blogged for a while, but I have been busy stitching. So I'll start with a couple of long lost Christmas UFO's which I finished the other week. The one above, had been started, but only a couple of lengths of thread had been stitched. So I finished the cross stitching, added the beads, and made it up. I am please with the results. Now the one below, only needed a couple of fringes beading, stuffing and making up.

Image hosted by
by xstitcherxx